Wiktionary:Tinget

Her kan du skrive akkurat det du ønsker å diskutere eller spørre om når det gjelder Wiktionary!

Se også: Ambassade/Embassy

Ny seksjonOppdater


Archive
Arkiv
2005–2007
2008
2009
2010
2011
2012
2013
2014
2015
2016
2017
2018
2019
2020


Wikidata EmneforslagRediger

@Mewasul: @Teodor605: @Asav: God ettermiddag! Jeg har foreslått emnet Identifikator for en term i Språkrådets termwiki på Wikidata https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/The_Language_Council_of_Norway_Term_ID Om det passer ber jeg dere lese forslaget og eventuelt komme med kommentarer og støtte. Mvh --Pmt (diskusjon) 18. jan. 2021 kl. 17:41 (CET)

@Pmt: Det virker som en god idé, det er en kjempenyttig kilde ihvertfall. Hva har det å si i praksis at det får en slik status? :) (Kan jeg flytte dette til Tinget forresten?) Mewasul (diskusjon)
@Mewasul: Det som skjer er at de termene som er definert i Wikidata vil få en lenke inn til Termlisten til språkrådet. Eksempel Havstrøm Q129558 https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Q129558 i Wikidata. Termen er jo beskrevet i fritekst på de forskjellige språkwikiene, og så strukturert i Wikidata. For å identifisere og autentisere termen blir det lenket til eksterne "kilder" alt i fra VIAF til UNESCO Thesaurus http://vocabularies.unesco.org/browser/thesaurus/en/page/?uri=http://vocabularies.unesco.org/thesaurus/concept6674. Og om den blir godkjent på Wikidata i språkrådet sin termdatabase. Etter det jeg kan se har språkrådets termdatbase over 1000 fagtermer Flytt gjerne dette til tinget. Mvh --Pmt (diskusjon) 18. jan. 2021 kl. 19:38 (CET)
@Pmt: Jeg forstår nok ikke helt hva det er tale om her. Skal alle oppslag i norsk Wiktionary måles opp mot språkrådets termdatabase for å vurdere deres kvalitet? - Teodor (db) 18. jan. 2021 kl. 23:54 (CET)
@Teodor605: Sånn sett så har det jeg skriver ingen ting med Wiktionary på norsk å gjøre. Det var bare det at denne "eksterne-identifikatoren" på wikidata hadde med termer å gjøre og et emne på Wikidata har ofte en ekstern identifikator for å kunne vise at samme navnet/begrepet er beskrevet i en annen database. wikidata handler jo om å strukturere data om et emne. En termbase handler vel om å beskrive et begrep innenfor et fagfelt og wiktionary er jo en ordbok, som forklarer gramatikken. (og nå er jeg langt utenfor min komfortsone). Så absolutt ingen kobling eller måling mellom Wiktionary og Språkrådets termwiki eller Wikidata. Det er bare enhenvendelse til mennesker som jobber med språk. Følg gjerne lenken til wikidata for havstrøm og se på de andre identifikatorene som ligger der Mvh --Pmt (diskusjon) 19. jan. 2021 kl. 00:21 (CET)

Moving Wikimania 2021 to a Virtual EventRediger

Hallo. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk. Takk!

Wikimania will be a virtual event this year, and hosted by a wide group of community members. Whenever the next in-person large gathering is possible again, the ESEAP Core Organizing Team will be in charge of it. Stay tuned for more information about how you can get involved in the planning process and other aspects of the event. Please read the longer version of this announcement on wikimedia-l.

ESEAP Core Organizing Team, Wikimania Steering Committee, Wikimedia Foundation Events Team, 27. jan. 2021 kl. 16:16 (CET)

Project Grant Open CallRediger

This is the announcement for the Project Grants program open call that started on January 11, with the submission deadline of February 10, 2021.
This first open call will be focussed on Community Organizing proposals. A second open call focused on research and software proposals is scheduled from February 15 with a submission deadline of March 16, 2021.

For the Round 1 open call, we invite you to propose grant applications that fall under community development and organizing (offline and online) categories. Project Grant funds are available to support individuals, groups, and organizations to implement new experiments and proven ideas, from organizing a better process on your wiki, coordinating a campaign or editathon series to providing other support for community building. We offer the following resources to help you plan your project and complete a grant proposal:

Program officers are also available to offer individualized proposal support upon request. Contact us if you would like feedback or more information.

We are excited to see your grant ideas that will support our community and make an impact on the future of Wikimedia projects. Put your idea into motion, and submit your proposal by February 10, 2021!

Please feel free to get in touch with questions about getting started with your grant application, or about serving on the Project Grants Committee. Contact us at projectgrantsMal:atwikimedia.org. Please help us translate this message to your local language. MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 28. jan. 2021 kl. 09:01 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 is back!Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2021 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

Please support us in translating the project page and a banner message to help us spread the word in your native language.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 6. feb. 2021 kl. 14:25 (CET)

IMPORTANT: Admin activity reviewRediger

Hello. A policy regarding the removal of "advanced rights" (administrator, bureaucrat, interface administrator, etc.) was adopted by global community consensus in 2013. According to this policy, the stewards are reviewing administrators' activity on all Wikimedia Foundation wikis with no inactivity policy. To the best of our knowledge, your wiki does not have a formal process for removing "advanced rights" from inactive accounts. This means that the stewards will take care of this according to the admin activity review.

We have determined that the following users meet the inactivity criteria (no edits and no logged actions for more than 2 years):

  1. Dodde (administrator)

These users will receive a notification soon, asking them to start a community discussion if they want to retain some or all of their rights. If the users do not respond, then their advanced rights will be removed by the stewards.

However, if you as a community would like to create your own activity review process superseding the global one, want to make another decision about these inactive rights holders, or already have a policy that we missed, then please notify the stewards on Meta-Wiki so that we know not to proceed with the rights review on your wiki. Thanks, --علاء (diskusjon) 7. feb. 2021 kl. 19:35 (CET)

Proposal: Set two-letter project shortcuts as alias to project namespace globallyRediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Hello everyone,

I apologize for posting in English. I would like to inform everyone that I created a new global request for comment (GRFC) at Meta Wiki, which may affect your project: m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

In this GRFC, I propose that two-project shortcuts for project names will become a default alias for the project namespace. For instance, on all Wikipedias, WP will be an alias to the Wikipedia: namespace (and similar for other projects). Full list is available in the GRFC.

This is already the case for Wikivoyages, and many individual projects asked for this alias to be implemented. I believe this makes it easier to access the materials in the project namespace, as well as creating shortcuts like WP:NPOV, as well as helps new projects to use this feature, without having to figure out how to request site configuration changes first.

As far as I can see, Wiktionary currently does not have such an alias set. This means that such an alias will be set for you, if the GRFC is accepted by the global community.

I would like to ask all community members to participate in the request for comment at Meta-Wiki, see m:Requests for comment/Set short project namespace aliases by default globally.

Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions about this proposal.

Best regards,
--Martin Urbanec (talk) 18. feb. 2021 kl. 15:12 (CET)

Wikifunctions logo contestRediger

2. mar. 2021 kl. 02:52 (CET)

Universal Code of Conduct – 2021 consultationsRediger

Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a universal baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire Wikimedia movement and all its projects. The project is currently in Phase 2, outlining clear enforcement pathways. You can read more about the whole project on its project page.

Drafting Committee: Call for applicationsRediger

The Wikimedia Foundation is recruiting volunteers to join a committee to draft how to make the code enforceable. Volunteers on the committee will commit between 2 and 6 hours per week from late April through July and again in October and November. It is important that the committee be diverse and inclusive, and have a range of experiences, including both experienced users and newcomers, and those who have received or responded to, as well as those who have been falsely accused of harassment.

To apply and learn more about the process, see Universal Code of Conduct/Drafting committee.

2021 community consultations: Notice and call for volunteers / translatorsRediger

From 5 April – 5 May 2021 there will be conversations on many Wikimedia projects about how to enforce the UCoC. We are looking for volunteers to translate key material, as well as to help host consultations on their own languages or projects using suggested key questions. If you are interested in volunteering for either of these roles, please contact us in whatever language you are most comfortable.

To learn more about this work and other conversations taking place, see Universal Code of Conduct/2021 consultations.

-- Xeno (WMF) (talk) 6. apr. 2021 kl. 00:26 (CEST)

Global bot policy changesRediger

Line numbering coming soon to all wikisRediger

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 12. apr. 2021 kl. 17:09 (CEST)

Suggested ValuesRediger

Timur Vorkul (WMDE) 22. apr. 2021 kl. 16:08 (CEST)

Uendelig kategorisering i kategorier etter språkRediger

Jeg skjønner ikke noe av kategoriene etter språk. Når jeg klikker på emner etter språk, og velger no:emner, kan jeg klikke på emner etter språk, deretter no:emner, emner etter språk, så no:emner og sånn kan jeg holde på i det uendelige. (Jeg har åpenbart ikke belegg for den siste påstanden siden det ville være umulig😆). Er det noe jeg har misforstått? Dette ser ut til å være konsekvent i kategoriene jeg har klikket meg inn i. — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 24. mai 2021 kl. 15:14 (CEST)

Jeg tror jeg har skjønt det nå. Kategorien «Emner etter språk» var kategorisert i kategorien «Emner». Det løste problemet å flytte kategorien «Emner etter språk» til den høyere kategorien «Kategorier».— Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 24. mai 2021 kl. 15:22 (CEST)
En oppdatering. Mitt nåværende interessefelt vil dreie seg om Kategori:Botanikk og Kategori:no:Botanikk med deres underkategorier og tilstøtende kategorier. Jeg har oppdaget at kategoriene «… etter språk» ser ut til å konsekvent være kategorisert under det emnet de omtaler. Det fører til en loop når man klikker seg gjennom kategorisystemet. I de kategoriene jeg har tatt litt eierskap i vil jeg tillate meg å endre dette.
Jeg har nå kategorisert Kategori:Emner etter språk i Kategori:Kategorier, Kategori:Vitenskap etter språk i Kategori:Emner, Kategori:Biologi etter språk i Kategori:Naturvitenskap, Kategori:Botanikk etter språk i Kategori:Biologi og deretter gjort det samme med alle underkategoriene av Kategori:Botanikk. Selv om jeg nok ikke kommer til å gjøre det (i hvert fall ikke uten å ta tiden til hjelp) synes jeg at det burde vært gjort med alle kategorier etter språk som forårsaker en loop i systemet. Det bør også tas i betraktning når det opprettes nye kategorier. Hvis det finnes noen innvendinger er jeg mer enn villig til å høre på dem. — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 24. mai 2021 kl. 18:23 (CEST)
Etter å ha laget et nytt problem etter å tilsynelatende ha løst et annet har jeg bare tilbakestilt endringene jeg gjorde i kategoriene. Selv om jeg ikke skjønner helt hvorfor det skal være sånn😅— Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 24. mai 2021 kl. 23:35 (CEST)
Hei @Abuluntu, og beklager at jeg ikke har sett meldingene her. Jeg har nok i stor grad opprettet disse kategoriene, men det begynner å bli noen år siden, så ikke så sikkert at jeg klarer å huske hvilken logikk jeg prøvde å følge. Men jeg finner ingen løkke; kan du gi meg et eksempel på en?
Denne kategoriseringen kan automatiseres i større grad via en modul, hvis man bruker en mal/modul-kombinasjon for å kategorisere. Dette er for eksempel gjort på sv-wikt med en tilhørende modul. Fordelen er at man får et uniformt system for alle språk. «Ulempen» er at det er et stort prosjekt å gjøre om på eksisternede system (og at det krever litt teknisk arbeid å få det til). Mewasul (diskusjon) 11. jun. 2021 kl. 08:42 (CEST)
Det går helt fint! Deilig sommervær.😃 Kategori:EmnerKategori:Emner etter språkKategori:no:EmnerKategori:Emner etter språk — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 11. jun. 2021 kl. 08:53 (CEST)
Hei igjen @Abuluntu – og beklager nok en gang; det er ikke sommerværet som er distraherende, det er eksamenstid. Jeg tror fortsatt ikke jeg skjønner helt? Altså, Kategori:Emner har Kategori:Emner etter språk som en underkategori, og Kategori:Emner etter språk har kategorien Kategori:no:Emner som en underkategori, men Kategori:no:Emner har ikke Kategori:Emner etter språk som en underkategori? Mewasul (diskusjon) 19. jun. 2021 kl. 09:55 (CEST)
Bare i kategoritre-visningen når man åpner det fra Kategori:Emner etter språk. Det kan være at problemet er større i mitt hode enn i virkeligheten. Det er ihvertfall ikke noe som trenger å forstyrre eksamen😅 — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 19. jun. 2021 kl. 20:53 (CEST)
@Abuluntu: Hmmm – interessant! Jeg forstår hva du mener nå, men jeg forstår samtidig ikke helt hvordan kategoritreet genereres. Hvis man følger kategoriseringen ved å gå via underkategorier, så får man altså ikke samme løkke. Det er antagelig noe et eller annet sted som er galt, men jeg er ganske blank på hva dette konkret kan skyldes. :S Mewasul (diskusjon) 22. jun. 2021 kl. 20:18 (CEST)
@Mewasul: Når jeg besøker no:All topics på engelsk wiktionary skjer det samme når jeg trykker på List of topics > no:All topics. Hvis alle andre lever godt med det kan sikkert jeg lære meg å mestre det også😆 Takk for tålmodig interesse. — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 22. jun. 2021 kl. 22:08 (CEST)

Universal Code of Conduct News – Issue 1Rediger

Universal Code of Conduct News
Issue 1, June 2021Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the first issue of Universal Code of Conduct News! This newsletter will help Wikimedians stay involved with the development of the new code, and will distribute relevant news, research, and upcoming events related to the UCoC.

Please note, this is the first issue of UCoC Newsletter which is delivered to all subscribers and projects as an announcement of the initiative. If you want the future issues delivered to your talk page, village pumps, or any specific pages you find appropriate, you need to subscribe here.

You can help us by translating the newsletter issues in your languages to spread the news and create awareness of the new conduct to keep our beloved community safe for all of us. Please add your name here if you want to be informed of the draft issue to translate beforehand. Your participation is valued and appreciated.

  • Affiliate consultations – Wikimedia affiliates of all sizes and types were invited to participate in the UCoC affiliate consultation throughout March and April 2021. (continue reading)
  • 2021 key consultations – The Wikimedia Foundation held enforcement key questions consultations in April and May 2021 to request input about UCoC enforcement from the broader Wikimedia community. (continue reading)
  • Roundtable discussions – The UCoC facilitation team hosted two 90-minute-long public roundtable discussions in May 2021 to discuss UCoC key enforcement questions. More conversations are scheduled. (continue reading)
  • Phase 2 drafting committee – The drafting committee for the phase 2 of the UCoC started their work on 12 May 2021. Read more about their work. (continue reading)
  • Diff blogs – The UCoC facilitators wrote several blog posts based on interesting findings and insights from each community during local project consultation that took place in the 1st quarter of 2021. (continue reading)

--MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 12. jun. 2021 kl. 01:06 (CEST)

Wikimania 2021: Individual Program SubmissionsRediger

Dear all,

Wikimania 2021 will be hosted virtually for the first time in the event's 15-year history. Since there is no in-person host, the event is being organized by a diverse group of Wikimedia volunteers that form the Core Organizing Team (COT) for Wikimania 2021.

Event Program - Individuals or a group of individuals can submit their session proposals to be a part of the program. There will be translation support for sessions provided in a number of languages. See more information here.

Below are some links to guide you through;

Please note that the deadline for submission is 18th June 2021.

Announcements- To keep up to date with the developments around Wikimania, the COT sends out weekly updates. You can view them in the Announcement section here.

Office Hour - If you are left with questions, the COT will be hosting some office hours (in multiple languages), in multiple time-zones, to answer any programming questions that you might have. Details can be found here.

Best regards,

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 16. jun. 2021 kl. 06:19 (CEST)

On behalf of Wikimania 2021 Core Organizing Team

Editing news 2021 #2Rediger

24. jun. 2021 kl. 16:15 (CEST)

Server switchRediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF) 27. jun. 2021 kl. 03:19 (CEST)

Universal Code of Conduct - Enforcement draft guidelines reviewRediger

The Universal Code of Conduct Phase 2 drafting committee would like comments about the enforcement draft guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC). This review period is planned for 17 August 2021 through 17 October 2021.

These guidelines are not final but you can help move the progress forward. The committee will revise the guidelines based upon community input.

Comments can be shared in any language on the draft review talk page and multiple other venues. Community members are encouraged to organize conversations in their communities.

There are planned live discussions about the UCoC enforcement draft guidelines:

Wikimania 2021 session (recorded 16 August)
Conversation hours - 24 August, 31 August, 7 September @ 03:00 UTC & 14:00 UTC
Roundtable calls - 18 September @ 03:00 UTC & 15:00 UTC

Summaries of discussions will be posted every two weeks here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Xeno (WMF) 18. aug. 2021 kl. 00:59 (CEST)

Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election has come to an endRediger

Thank you for participating in the 2021 Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election! Voting closed August 31 at 23:59. The official data, including the four most voted candidates, will be announced as soon as the Elections Committee completes their review of the ballots. The official announcement of the new trustees appointed will happen later, once the selected candidates have been confirmed by the Board.

6,946 community members from 216 wiki projects have voted. This makes 10.2% global participation, 1.1% higher than in the last Board elections. In 2017, 5167 people from 202 wiki projects cast their vote. A full analysis is planned to be published in a few days when the confirmed results are announced. In the meantime, you can check the data produced during the election.

Diversity was an important goal with these elections. Messages about the Board election were translated into 61 languages. This outreach worked well. There were 70 communities with eligible voters voting in this election for the first time. With your help, next year’s Board of Trustees election will be even better.

1. sep. 2021 kl. 22:58 (CEST)

The 2022 Community Wishlist Survey will happen in JanuaryRediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 7. sep. 2021 kl. 02:24 (CEST)

Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee ending 14 September 2021Rediger

Movement Strategy announces the Call for Candidates for the Movement Charter Drafting Committee. The Call opens August 2, 2021 and closes September 14, 2021.

The Committee is expected to represent diversity in the Movement. Diversity includes gender, language, geography, and experience. This comprises participation in projects, affiliates, and the Wikimedia Foundation.

English fluency is not required to become a member. If needed, translation and interpretation support is provided. Members will receive an allowance to offset participation costs. It is US$100 every two months.

We are looking for people who have some of the following skills:

  • Know how to write collaboratively. (demonstrated experience is a plus)
  • Are ready to find compromises.
  • Focus on inclusion and diversity.
  • Have knowledge of community consultations.
  • Have intercultural communication experience.
  • Have governance or organization experience in non-profits or communities.
  • Have experience negotiating with different parties.

The Committee is expected to start with 15 people. If there are 20 or more candidates, a mixed election and selection process will happen. If there are 19 or fewer candidates, then the process of selection without election takes place.

Will you help move Wikimedia forward in this important role? Submit your candidacy here. Please contact strategy2030 wikimedia.org with questions.

Xeno (WMF) 10. sep. 2021 kl. 19:10 (CEST)

Server switchRediger

SGrabarczuk (WMF) (diskusjon) 11. sep. 2021 kl. 02:46 (CEST)

Talk to the Community TechRediger

 

Read this message in another languageHjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Hello!

As we have recently announced, we, the team working on the Community Wishlist Survey, would like to invite you to an online meeting with us. It will take place on September 15th, 23:00 UTC on Zoom, and will last an hour. Click here to join.

Agenda

Format

The meeting will not be recorded or streamed. Notes without attribution will be taken and published on Meta-Wiki. The presentation (first three points in the agenda) will be given in English.

We can answer questions asked in English, French, Polish, and Spanish. If you would like to ask questions in advance, add them on the Community Wishlist Survey talk page or send to sgrabarczuk@wikimedia.org.

Natalia Rodriguez (the Community Tech manager) will be hosting this meeting.

Invitation link

See you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (diskusjon) 11. sep. 2021 kl. 05:04 (CEST)

Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now openRediger

Voting for the election for the members for the Movement Charter drafting committee is now open. In total, 70 Wikimedians from around the world are running for 7 seats in these elections.

Voting is open from October 12 to October 24, 2021.

The committee will consist of 15 members in total: The online communities vote for 7 members, 6 members will be selected by the Wikimedia affiliates through a parallel process, and 2 members will be appointed by the Wikimedia Foundation. The plan is to assemble the committee by November 1, 2021.

Learn about each candidate to inform your vote in the language that you prefer: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Candidates>

Learn about the Drafting Committee: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee>

We are piloting a voting advice application for this election. Click yourself through the tool and you will see which candidate is closest to you! Check at <https://mcdc-election-compass.toolforge.org/>

Read the full announcement: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

Go vote at SecurePoll on: <https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Movement_Charter/Drafting_Committee/Elections>

Best,

Movement Strategy & Governance Team, Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 15. okt. 2021 kl. 03:53 (CEST)

Learn how Movement Strategy Implementation Grants can support your Movement Strategy plansRediger

Movement Strategy Implementation grants now provide more than $2,000 USD to put Movement Strategy plans into action. Find out more about Movement Strategy Implementation grants, the criteria, and how to apply.

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) (talk) 13:30, 29 October 2021 (UTC)

Meet the new Movement Charter Drafting Committee membersRediger

The Movement Charter Drafting Committee election and selection processes are complete.

The committee will convene soon to start its work. The committee can appoint up to three more members to bridge diversity and expertise gaps.

If you are interested in engaging with Movement Charter drafting process, follow the updates on Meta and join the Telegram group.

With thanks from the Movement Strategy and Governance team

5. nov. 2021 kl. 16:53 (CET)

Bokmålsordboka og nynorskordboka med fri lisensRediger

Hei. Jeg har akkurat blitt oppmerksom på at ordbøkenes lisens nylig er endret til en fri lisens som passer for prosjektene. Er det noen botkjørere som kan nyttiggjøre seg av det? — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 11. nov. 2021 kl. 09:32 (CET)

Hei @Abuluntu, dette ser spennende ut :) Strengt talt ser det vel ut til at CC-BY-4-lisens innføres i 2023, men det er neppe veldig strengt frem til det heller. Men det er et par andre elementer her – vil vi kopiere dette med bot? Hva vil vi eventuelt kopiere? Vi har tidligere lagt inn noe grammatikk automatisk, for dette har vi hatt lister for, men de har begrenset verdi uten definisjon.
Jeg er litt skeptisk til helautomatisert import (overbevis meg gjerne!), men jeg kan godt se for meg at det hadde vært hensiktsmessig f.eks. med en halvautomatisert løsning der man henter inn data, manuelt sjekker og eventuelt endrer på ting, og så publiserer det. Men – dette krever litt teknisk kompetanse, og det vet jeg ikke om noen som er aktive for øyeblikket har. Meg bekjent er det heller ingen aktive botkjørere her. Mewasul (diskusjon) 14. nov. 2021 kl. 19:33 (CET)
Du har rett, lisensen tillater bare digital publisering før 2023, noe vi ikke kan begrense det til (så vidt jeg forstår). Når det gjelder den tekniske biten har jeg lagt merke til at det foregår en utvikling på wikidata som ser ut til å være meningen skal kunne komme wiktionary til nytte. Jeg tenker da på databasene av «lexemer». Kanskje wikidata har noen med teknisk kompetanse som kan se en måte å løse det på, og kanskje samtidig utdanne oss litt på hvordan wiktionary og wikidata er ment å operere sammen også? Slik det er nå konkurrerer de to prosjektene litt med hverandre. — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 14. nov. 2021 kl. 20:42 (CET)
Jeg er også spent på lexemer og når dette blir integrert her :) Jeg ser for meg at vi i fremtiden ikke trenger å angi f.eks. grammatikk manuelt, men at dette kan hentes fra Wikidata. Det er en side for det på engelsk Wiktionary, men det ser ikke ut som om det har vært noen aktivitet nylig. Men om noen fra Wikidata kan bidra med det tekniske, er jeg veldig positiv til å få til noe ihvertfall. Mewasul (diskusjon) 14. nov. 2021 kl. 21:01 (CET)
Det ser uansett ut til at vi har god tid ettersom lisensen ikke tillater noe automatisk innen 2023, men jeg kan ha litt øre og øyner åpne i min ferd omkring på prosjektene, kanskje jeg dumper borti noen som har en god idé. — Mvh. Abuluntu 👨🏼‍💻💬 14. nov. 2021 kl. 21:03 (CET)

Upcoming Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees electionsRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees is preparing a call for feedback about the upcoming Board Elections, from January 7 - February 10, 2022.

While details will be finalized the week before the call, we have confirmed at least two questions that will be asked during this call for feedback:

  • What is the best way to ensure fair representation of emerging communities among the Board?
  • What involvement should candidates have during the election?

While additional questions may be added, the Movement Strategy and Governance team wants to provide time for community members and affiliates to consider and prepare ideas on the confirmed questions before the call opens. We apologize for not having a complete list of questions at this time. The list of questions should only grow by one or two questions. The intention is to not overwhelm the community with requests, but provide notice and welcome feedback on these important questions.

Do you want to help organize local conversation during this Call?

Contact the Movement Strategy and Governance team on Meta, on Telegram, or via email at msg wikimedia.org.

Reach out if you have any questions or concerns. The Movement Strategy and Governance team will be minimally staffed until January 3. Please excuse any delayed response during this time. We also recognize some community members and affiliates are offline during the December holidays. We apologize if our message has reached you while you are on holiday.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Takk. Xeno (WMF) 27. des. 2021 kl. 18:50 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore is back!Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

You are humbly invited to participate in the Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 an international photography contest organized on Wikimedia Commons to document folklore and intangible cultural heritage from different regions, including, folk creative activities and many more. It is held every year from the 1st till the 28th of February.

You can help in enriching the folklore documentation on Commons from your region by taking photos, audios, videos, and submitting them in this commons contest.

You can also organize a local contest in your country and support us in translating the project pages to help us spread the word in your native language.

Feel free to contact us on our project Talk page if you need any assistance.

Kind regards,

Wiki loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 9. jan. 2022 kl. 14:15 (CET)

Call for Feedback about the Board of Trustees elections is now openRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Call for Feedback: Board of Trustees elections is now open and will close on 7 February 2022.

With this Call for Feedback, the Movement Strategy and Governance team is taking a different approach. This approach incorporates community feedback from 2021. Instead of leading with proposals, the Call is framed around key questions from the Board of Trustees. The key questions came from the feedback about the 2021 Board of Trustees election. The intention is to inspire collective conversation and collaborative proposal development about these key questions.

Join the conversation.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) 15. jan. 2022 kl. 01:35 (CET)

Subscribe to the This Month in Education newsletter - learn from others and share your storiesRediger

Dear community members,

Greetings from the EWOC Newsletter team and the education team at Wikimedia Foundation. We are very excited to share that we on tenth years of Education Newsletter (This Month in Education) invite you to join us by subscribing to the newsletter on your talk page or by sharing your activities in the upcoming newsletters. The Wikimedia Education newsletter is a monthly newsletter that collects articles written by community members using Wikimedia projects in education around the world, and it is published by the EWOC Newsletter team in collaboration with the Education team. These stories can bring you new ideas to try, valuable insights about the success and challenges of our community members in running education programs in their context.

If your affiliate/language project is developing its own education initiatives, please remember to take advantage of this newsletter to publish your stories with the wider movement that shares your passion for education. You can submit newsletter articles in your own language or submit bilingual articles for the education newsletter. For the month of January the deadline to submit articles is on the 20th January. We look forward to reading your stories.

Older versions of this newsletter can be found in the complete archive.

More information about the newsletter can be found at Education/Newsletter/About.

For more information, please contact spatnaikMal:@wikimedia.org.


About This Month in Education · Subscribe/Unsubscribe · Global message delivery · For the team: ZI Jony (Talk), onsdag 22:25, 07 desember 2022 (UTC)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 5Rediger

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 5, January 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the fifth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News (formerly known as Universal Code of Conduct News)! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly or bi-weekly to subscribers. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive these updates.

  • Call for Feedback about the Board elections - We invite you to give your feedback on the upcoming WMF Board of Trustees election. This call for feedback went live on 10th January 2022 and will be concluded on 16th February 2022. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification - In 2021, the WMF asked communities about how to enforce the Universal Code of Conduct policy text. The revised draft of the enforcement guidelines should be ready for community vote in March. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Implementation Grants - As we continue to review several interesting proposals, we encourage and welcome more proposals and ideas that target a specific initiative from the Movement Strategy recommendations. (continue reading)
  • The New Direction for the Newsletter - As the UCoC Newsletter transitions into MSG Newsletter, join the facilitation team in envisioning and deciding on the new directions for this newsletter. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about MSG on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

Xeno (WMF) 29. jan. 2022 kl. 04:15 (CET)

Updates on the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines ReviewRediger

Hello, I have an update on the vote on the enforcement guidelines that was mentioned above. Xeno (WMF) (diskusjon) 4. feb. 2022 kl. 04:16 (CET)


You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement Guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the Universal Code of Conduct across the movement. Comments about the guidelines can be shared here or the Meta-wiki talk page.

There will be conversations on Zoom on 4 February 2022 at 15:00 UTC, 25 February 2022 at 12:00 UTC, and 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC. Join the UCoC project team and drafting committee members to discuss the guidelines and voting process.

The timeline is available on Meta-wiki. The voting period is March 7 to 21. See the voting information page for more details.

Thank you to everyone who has participated so far.

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation

Leadership Development Task Force: Your feedback is appreciatedRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Community Development team at the Wikimedia Foundation is supporting the creation of a global, community-driven Leadership Development Task Force. The purpose of the task force is to advise leadership development work.

The team is looking for feedback about the responsibilities of the Leadership Development Task Force. This Meta page shares the proposal for a Leadership Development Task Force and how you can help. Feedback on the proposal will be collected from 7 to 25 February 2022.

Xeno (WMF) 9. feb. 2022 kl. 03:33 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore is extended till 15th MarchRediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Greetings from Wiki Loves Folklore International Team,

We are pleased to inform you that Wiki Loves Folklore an international photographic contest on Wikimedia Commons has been extended till the 15th of March 2022. The scope of the contest is focused on folk culture of different regions on categories, such as, but not limited to, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, etc.

We would like to have your immense participation in the photographic contest to document your local Folk culture on Wikipedia. You can also help with the translation of project pages and share a word in your local language.

Best wishes,

International Team
Wiki Loves Folklore

MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 22. feb. 2022 kl. 05:50 (CET)

Coming soonRediger

- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 28. feb. 2022 kl. 13:38 (CET)

Remember to Participate in the UCoC Conversations and Ratification Vote!Rediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

A vote in SecurePoll from 7 to 21 March 2022 is scheduled as part of the ratification process for the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement guidelines. Eligible voters are invited to answer a poll question and share comments. Read voter information and eligibility details. During the poll, voters will be asked if they support the enforcement of the Universal Code of Conduct based on the proposed guidelines.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. A Wikimedia Foundation Board statement calls for a ratification process where eligible voters will have an opportunity to support or oppose the adoption of the UCoC Enforcement guidelines in a vote. Wikimedians are invited to translate and share important information. For more information about the UCoC, please see the project page and frequently asked questions on Meta-wiki.

There are events scheduled to learn more and discuss:

  • A community panel recorded on 18 February 2022 shares perspectives from small- and medium-sized community participants.
  • The Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team is hosting Conversation Hours on 4 March 2022 at 15:00 UTC. Please sign-up to interact with the project team and the drafting committee about the updated enforcement guidelines and the ratification process. See the Conversation Hour summaries for notes from 4 February 2022 and 25 February 2022.

You can comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact either team by email: msg wikimedia.org or ucocproject wikimedia.org

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance
Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 2. mar. 2022 kl. 03:17 (CET)

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting open from 7 to 21 March 2022Rediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) is now open! Voting commenced on SecurePoll on 7 March 2022 and will conclude on 21 March 2022. Please read more on the voter information and eligibility details.

The Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) provides a baseline of acceptable behavior for the entire movement. The revised enforcement guidelines were published 24 January 2022 as a proposed way to apply the policy across the movement. You can read more about the UCoC project.

You can also comment on Meta-wiki talk pages in any language. You may also contact the team by email: ucocproject wikimedia.org

Sincerely,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Wikimedia Foundation

Xeno (WMF) 8. mar. 2022 kl. 01:52 (CET)

Invitation to Hubs event: Global Conversation on 2022-03-12 at 13:00 UTCRediger

Hello!

The Movement Strategy and Governance team of the Wikimedia Foundation would like to invite you to the next event about "Regional and Thematic Hubs". The Wikimedia Movement is in the process of understanding what Regional and Thematic Hubs should be. Our workshop in November was a good start (read the report), but we're not finished yet.

Over the last weeks we conducted about 16 interviews with groups working on establishing a Hub in their context (see Hubs Dialogue). These interviews informed a report that will serve as a foundation for discussion on March 12. The report is planned to be published on March 9.

The event will take place on March 12, 13:00 to 16:00 UTC on Zoom. Interpretation will be provided in French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian, and Portuguese. Registration is open, and will close on March 10. Anyone interested in the topic is invited to join us. More information on the event on Meta-wiki.

Best regards,

Kaarel Vaidla
Movement Strategy

10. mar. 2022 kl. 02:31 (CET)

Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends tomorrowRediger

International photographic contest Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 ends on 15th March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. This is the last chance of the year to upload images about local folk culture, festival, cuisine, costume, folklore etc on Wikimedia Commons. Watch out our social media handles for regular updates and declaration of Winners.

(Facebook , Twitter , Instagram)

The writing competition Feminism and Folklore will run till 31st of March 2022 23:59:59 UTC. Write about your local folk tradition, women, folk festivals, folk dances, folk music, folk activities, folk games, folk cuisine, folk wear, folklore, and tradition, including ballads, folktales, fairy tales, legends, traditional song and dance, folk plays, games, seasonal events, calendar customs, folk arts, folk religion, mythology etc. on your local Wikipedia. Check if your local Wikipedia is participating

A special competition called Wiki Loves Falles is organised in Spain and the world during 15th March 2022 till 15th April 2022 to document local folk culture and Falles in Valencia, Spain. Learn more about it on Catalan Wikipedia project page.

We look forward for your immense co-operation.

Thanks Wiki Loves Folklore international Team MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 14. mar. 2022 kl. 15:41 (CET)

Leadership Development Working Group: Apply to join! (14 March to 10 April 2022)Rediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everyone who participated in the feedback period for the Leadership Development Working Group initiative. A summary of the feedback can be found on Meta-wiki. This feedback will be shared with the working group to inform their work. The application period to join the Working Group is now open and will close on April 10, 2022. Please review the information about the working group, share with community members who might be interested, and apply if you are interested.

Thank you,

From the Community Development team

Xeno (WMF) 18. mar. 2022 kl. 03:20 (CET)

Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement guidelines ratification voting is now closedRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Greetings,

The ratification voting process for the revised enforcement guidelines of the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) came to a close on 21 March 2022. Over 2300 Wikimedians voted across different regions of our movement. Thank you to everyone who participated in this process! The scrutinizing group is now reviewing the vote for accuracy, so please allow up to two weeks for them to finish their work.

The final results from the voting process will be announced here, along with the relevant statistics and a summary of comments as soon as they are available. Please check out the voter information page to learn about the next steps. You can comment on the project talk page on Meta-wiki in any language. You may also contact the UCoC project team by email: ucocproject wikimedia.org

Best regards,

Movement Strategy and Governance

Xeno (WMF) 30. mar. 2022 kl. 03:53 (CEST)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 6Rediger

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 6, April 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the sixth issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! This revamped newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the Movement Charter, Universal Code of Conduct, Movement Strategy Implementation grants, Board of trustees elections and other relevant MSG topics.

This Newsletter will be distributed quarterly, while the more frequent Updates will also be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Leadership Development - A Working Group is Forming! - The application to join the Leadership Development Working Group closed on April 10th, 2022, and up to 12 community members will be selected to participate in the working group. (continue reading)
  • Universal Code of Conduct Ratification Results are out! - The global decision process on the enforcement of the UCoC via SecurePoll was held from 7 to 21 March. Over 2,300 eligible voters from at least 128 different home projects submitted their opinions and comments. (continue reading)
  • Movement Discussions on Hubs - The Global Conversation event on Regional and Thematic Hubs was held on Saturday, March 12, and was attended by 84 diverse Wikimedians from across the movement. (continue reading)
  • Movement Strategy Grants Remain Open! - Since the start of the year, six proposals with a total value of about $80,000 USD have been approved. Do you have a movement strategy project idea? Reach out to us! (continue reading)
  • The Movement Charter Drafting Committee is All Set! - The Committee of fifteen members which was elected in October 2021, has agreed on the essential values and methods for its work, and has started to create the outline of the Movement Charter draft. (continue reading)
  • Introducing Movement Strategy Weekly - Contribute and Subscribe! - The MSG team have just launched the updates portal, which is connected to the various Movement Strategy pages on Meta-wiki. Subscriber to get up-to-date news about the various ongoing projects. (continue reading)
  • Diff Blogs - Check out the most recent publications about Movement Strategy on Wikimedia Diff. (continue reading)

Also, a draft of the 2022-23 Wikimedia Foundation Annual Plan has been published. Input is being sought on-wiki and during several conversations with Wikimedia Foundation CEO Maryana Iskander.

See full announcement on Meta-wiki. Xeno (WMF) 22. apr. 2022 kl. 03:46 (CEST)

Coming soon: Improvements for templatesRediger

-- Johanna Strodt (WMDE) 29. apr. 2022 kl. 13:14 (CEST)

Editing news 2022 #1Rediger

Read this in another languageSubscription list for this multilingual newsletter

 
New editors were more successful with this new tool.

The New topic tool helps editors create new ==Sections== on discussion pages. New editors are more successful with this new tool. You can read the report. Soon, the Editing team will offer this to all editors at the 20 Wikipedias that participated in the test. You will be able to turn it off at Special:Preferences#mw-prefsection-editing-discussion.

Whatamidoing (WMF) 2. mai 2022 kl. 20:56 (CEST)

2022 Board of Trustees Call for CandidatesRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

The Board of Trustees seeks candidates for the 2022 Board of Trustees election. Read more on Meta-wiki.

The 2022 Board of Trustees election is here! Please consider submitting your candidacy to serve on the Board of Trustees.

The Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees oversees the Wikimedia Foundation's operations. Community-and-affiliate selected trustees and Board-appointed trustees make up the Board of Trustees. Each trustee serves a three year term. The Wikimedia community has the opportunity to vote for community-and-affiliate selected trustees.

The Wikimedia community will vote to fill two seats on the Board in 2022. This is an opportunity to improve the representation, diversity, and expertise of the Board as a team.

Who are potential candidates? Are you a potential candidate? Find out more on the Apply to be a Candidate page.

Thank you for your support,

Movement Strategy and Governance on behalf of the Elections Committee and the Board of Trustees
10. mai 2022 kl. 12:40 (CEST)

Wikistipend og fordeling av tilgang til Retriever fra Wikimedia NorgeRediger

Hei, alle sammen! Vil gjerne minne om at 20. mai er fristen for å søke om wikistipend fra Wikimedia Norge. Man kan søke om opptil 8000, og hva man kan søke om penger til er veldig åpent, så lenge det gavner Wikimedia-prosjektene på en eller annen måte. Eksempler på wikistipend som har blitt delt ut tidligere er reisestipend for å delta på Wikimedia-konferanser, reisestipend til å delta på kulturarrangementer eller andre arrangementer for å ta bilder, stipend for å gå til innkjøp av bøker eller annet materiale som kan brukes som kilder til Wikipedia-artikler, eller stipender for å holde arrangementer med wikifokus (men det er selvsagt ikke begrensa til bare disse tingene – fantasien (og utdelingskomiteen) setter grensene). Så løp og søk!

To ganger i året deler vi også ut gratis tilganger til mediearkivet Retriever til de som melder seg på. Vi har seks slike tilganger som kan deles ut, og vi prioriterer selvsagt de som vil bruke en slik tilgang til å berike Wikipedia eller andre Wikimedia-prosjekter, og de som ikke har hatt slik tilgang tidligere stiller først i køen (men det er selvsagt ikke noe i veien for å skrive seg på om man har hatt tilgang tidligere). Hvis du er interessert så skriv deg på lista på Wikipedia:Biblioteket/Lukkede kilder. Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (diskusjon) 13. mai 2022 kl. 10:12 (CEST)

Revisions to the Universal Code of Conduct (UCoC) Enforcement GuidelinesRediger

Hello all,

We'd like to provide an update on the work on the Enforcement Guidelines for the Universal Code of Conduct. After the conclusion of the community vote on the guidelines in March, the Community Affairs committee (CAC) of the Board asked that several areas of the guidelines be reviewed for improvements before the Board does its final review. These areas were identified based on community discussions and comments provided during the vote. The CAC also requested review of the controversial Note in 3.1 of the UCoC itself.

Once more, a big thank you to all who voted, especially to all who left constructive feedback and comments! The project team is working with the Board to establish a timeline for this work, and will communicate this next month.

Members of the two prior UCoC Drafting Committees have generously offered their time to help shape improvements to the Guidelines. You can read more about them and their work here, as well as read summaries of their weekly meetings in 2022.

Wikimedians have provided many valuable comments together with the vote and in other conversations. Given the size and diversity of the Wikimedia community, there are even more voices out there who can give ideas on how to improve the enforcement guidelines and add even more valuable ideas to the process. To help the Revisions committee identify improvements, input on several questions for the committee’s review is requested. Visit the Meta-wiki pages (Enforcement Guidelines revision discussions, Policy text revision discussions) to get your ideas to the Committee - it is very important that viewpoints are heard from different communities before the Committee begins drafting revision proposals.

On behalf of the UCoC project team

Xeno (WMF) 4. jun. 2022 kl. 00:57 (CEST)

Desktop Improvements updateRediger

Making this the new default

Hello. I wanted to give you an update about the Desktop Improvements project, which the Wikimedia Foundation Web team has been working on for the past few years. Our work is almost finished! 🎉

We would love to see these improvements become the default for readers and editors across all wikis. In the coming weeks, we will begin conversations on more wikis, including yours. 🗓️ We will gladly read your suggestions!

The goals of the project are to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. The project consists of a series of feature improvements which make it easier to read and learn, navigate within the page, search, switch between languages, use article tabs and the user menu, and more. The improvements are already visible by default for readers and editors on more than 30 wikis, including Wikipedias in French, Portuguese, and Persian.

The changes apply to the Vector skin only, although it will always be possible to revert to the previous version on an individual basis. Monobook or Timeless users will not notice any changes.

The newest features
  • Table of contents - our version is easier to reach, gain context of the page, and navigate throughout the page without needing to scroll. It is currently tested across our pilot wikis. It is also available for editors who have opted into the Vector 2022 skin.
  • Page tools - now, there are two types of links in the sidebar. There are actions and tools for individual pages (like Related changes) and links of the wiki-wide nature (like Recent changes). We are going to separate these into two intuitive menus.
How to enable/disable the improvements
  • It is possible to opt-in individually in the appearance tab within the preferences by selecting "Vector (2022)". Also, it is possible to opt-in on all wikis using the global preferences.
  • On wikis where the changes are visible by default for all, logged-in users can always opt-out to the Legacy Vector. There is an easily accessible link in the sidebar of the new Vector.
Learn more and join our events

If you would like to follow the progress of our project, you can subscribe to our newsletter. You can read the pages of the project, check our FAQ, write on the project talk page, and join an online meeting with us.

Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (diskusjon) 24. jun. 2022 kl. 03:36 (CEST)

Results of Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is out!Rediger

Hjelp til med å oversette til ditt språk

Hi, Greetings

The winners for Wiki Loves Folklore 2022 is announced!

We are happy to share with you winning images for this year's edition. This year saw over 8,584 images represented on commons in over 92 countries. Kindly see images here

Our profound gratitude to all the people who participated and organized local contests and photo walks for this project.

We hope to have you contribute to the campaign next year.

Thank you,

Wiki Loves Folklore International Team

--MediaWiki message delivery (diskusjon) 4. jul. 2022 kl. 18:12 (CEST)

Propose statements for the 2022 Election CompassRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Community members in the 2022 Board of Trustees election are invited to propose statements to use in the Election Compass.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/disagree/neutral). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass
  • July 8 - 20: Community members propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August. The Elections Committee will oversee the process, supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance team. MSG will check that the questions are clear, there are no duplicates, no typos, and so on.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) (talk) 14. jul. 2022 kl. 13:34 (CEST)

Movement Strategy and Governance News – Issue 7Rediger

Movement Strategy and Governance News
Issue 7, July-September 2022Read the full newsletter


Welcome to the 7th issue of Movement Strategy and Governance News! The newsletter distributes relevant news and events about the implementation of Wikimedia's Movement Strategy recommendations, other relevant topics regarding Movement governance, as well as different projects and activities supported by the Movement Strategy and Governance (MSG) team of the Wikimedia Foundation.

The MSG Newsletter is delivered quarterly, while the more frequent Movement Strategy Weekly will be delivered weekly. Please remember to subscribe here if you would like to receive future issues of this newsletter.

  • Movement sustainability: Wikimedia Foundation's annual sustainability report has been published. (continue reading)
  • Improving user experience: recent improvements on the desktop interface for Wikimedia projects. (continue reading)
  • Safety and inclusion: updates on the revision process of the Universal Code of Conduct Enforcement Guidelines. (continue reading)
  • Equity in decisionmaking: reports from Hubs pilots conversations, recent progress from the Movement Charter Drafting Committee, and a new white paper for futures of participation in the Wikimedia movement. (continue reading)
  • Stakeholders coordination: launch of a helpdesk for Affiliates and volunteer communities working on content partnership. (continue reading)
  • Leadership development: updates on leadership projects by Wikimedia movement organizers in Brazil and Cape Verde. (continue reading)
  • Internal knowledge management: launch of a new portal for technical documentation and community resources. (continue reading)
  • Innovate in free knowledge: high-quality audiovisual resources for scientific experiments and a new toolkit to record oral transcripts. (continue reading)
  • Evaluate, iterate, and adapt: results from the Equity Landscape project pilot (continue reading)
  • Other news and updates: a new forum to discuss Movement Strategy implementation, upcoming Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees election, a new podcast to discuss Movement Strategy, and change of personnel for the Foundation's Movement Strategy and Governance team. (continue reading)

Thank you for reading! RamzyM (WMF) 18. jul. 2022 kl. 03:38 (CEST)

Announcing the six candidates for the 2022 Board of Trustees electionRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi everyone,

The Affiliate voting process has concluded. Representatives from each Affiliate organization learned about the candidates by reading candidates’ statements, reviewing candidates’ answers to questions, and considering the candidates’ ratings provided by the Analysis Committee. The selected 2022 Board of Trustees candidates are:

You may see more information about the Results and Statistics of this Board election.

Please take a moment to appreciate the Affiliate Representatives and Analysis Committee members for taking part in this process and helping to grow the Board of Trustees in capacity and diversity. These hours of volunteer work connect us across understanding and perspective. Thank you for your participation.

Thank you to the community members who put themselves forward as candidates for the Board of Trustees. Considering joining the Board of Trustees is no small decision. The time and dedication candidates have shown to this point speaks to their commitment to this movement. Congratulations to those candidates who have been selected. A great amount of appreciation and gratitude for those candidates not selected. Please continue to share your leadership with Wikimedia.

Thank you to those who followed the Affiliate process for this Board election. You may review the results of the Affiliate selection process.

The next part of the Board election process is the community voting period. You may view the Board election timeline here. To prepare for the community voting period, there are several things community members can engage with in the following ways:

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 27. jul. 2022 kl. 16:03 (CEST)

Vote for Election Compass StatementsRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi all,

Volunteers in the 2022 Board of Trustees election are invited to vote for statements to use in the Election Compass. You can vote for the statements you would like to see included in the Election Compass on Meta-wiki.

An Election Compass is a tool to help voters select the candidates that best align with their beliefs and views. The community members will propose statements for the candidates to answer using a Lickert scale (agree/neutral/disagree). The candidates’ answers to the statements will be loaded into the Election Compass tool. Voters will use the tool by entering in their answer to the statements (agree/disagree/neutral). The results will show the candidates that best align with the voter’s beliefs and views.

Here is the timeline for the Election Compass:

  • July 8 - 20: Volunteers propose statements for the Election Compass
  • July 21 - 22: Elections Committee reviews statements for clarity and removes off-topic statements
  • July 23 - August 1: Volunteers vote on the statements
  • August 2 - 4: Elections Committee selects the top 15 statements
  • August 5 - 12: candidates align themselves with the statements
  • August 15: The Election Compass opens for voters to use to help guide their voting decision

The Elections Committee will select the top 15 statements at the beginning of August

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 27. jul. 2022 kl. 23:01 (CEST)

Ta avRediger

Verben ta och avta verkar betyda samma sak på norska och svenska, men stämmer det att "ta av" kan betyda öka/lyfta, motsvarande engelska "take off"? (Salget har tatt av.) På svenska är det en synonym till "avta" (minska). Sajten ordbokene.no dokumenterar ta och avta, men inte ta av. -- LA2 (diskusjon) 14. aug. 2022 kl. 20:46 (CEST)

Ja. 'Flyet tok av' betyr det man forventer utifra engelsk. 'Salget har tatt av' vet jeg ikke om er helt gangbart, men førsteinstinktet mitt er ihvertfall ikke at det betyr at det er nedgang i salget. 'Festen tok helt av' eller 'hyttemarkedet har tatt helt av' vil jeg si er gangbare og gjør den overførte betydningen klar. Naob har flere betydninger og eksempler listet.. Telaneo (diskusjon) 14. aug. 2022 kl. 23:45 (CEST)
Det stemmer det ja:) At noe "tar av", er litt muntlig men det brukes for å forklare at noe øker. Så stemningen kan altså "ta av" før den senere begynner å "avta". Det heter vel et autoantonym, og dem finnes det mange av i flere språk. - Teodor (db) 15. aug. 2022 kl. 17:47 (CEST)

The 2022 Board of Trustees election Community Voting period is now openRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hi everyone,

The Community Voting period for the 2022 Board of Trustees election is now open. Here are some helpful links to get you the information you need to vote:

If you are ready to vote, you may go to SecurePoll voting page to vote now. You may vote from August 23 at 00:00 UTC to September 6 at 23:59 UTC. To see about your voter eligibility, please visit the voter eligibility page.

Best,

Movement Strategy and Governance

This message was sent on behalf of the Board Selection Task Force and the Elections Committee

MNadzikiewicz (WMF)

Invitation to join the Movement Strategy ForumRediger

Mal:More languages

Hello everyone,

The Movement Strategy Forum (MS Forum) is a multilingual collaborative space for all conversations about Movement Strategy implementation.

We are inviting all Movement participants to collaborate on the MS Forum. The goal of the forum is to build community collaboration, using an inclusive multilingual platform.

The Movement Strategy is a collaborative effort to imagine and build the future of the Wikimedia Movement. Anyone can contribute to the Movement Strategy, from a comment to a full-time project.

Join this forum with your Wikimedia account, engage in conversations, and ask questions in your language.

The Movement Strategy and Governance team (MSG) launched the proposal for the MS Forum in May 2022. There was a 2-month community review period, which ended on 24 July 2022. The community review process included several questions that resulted in interesting conversations. You can read the Community Review Report.

We look forward to seeing you at the MS Forum!

Best regards,

the Movement Strategy and Governance Team

User:MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 29. aug. 2022 kl. 13:32 (CEST)

The Vector 2022 skin as the default in two weeks?Rediger

 
The slides for our presentation at Wikimania 2022

Hello. I'm writing on behalf of the Wikimedia Foundation Web team. In two weeks, we would like to make the Vector 2022 skin the default on this wiki.

We have been working on it for the past three years. So far, it has been the default on more than 30 wikis, including sister projects, all accounting for more than 1 billion pageviews per month. On average 87% of active logged-in users of those wikis use Vector 2022.

It would become the default for all logged-out users, and also all logged-in users who currently use Vector legacy. Logged-in users can at any time switch to any other skins. No changes are expected for users of these skins.

About the skinRediger

[Why is a change necessary] The current default skin meets the needs of the readers and editors as these were 13 years ago. Since then, new users have begun using Wikimedia projects. The old Vector doesn't meet their needs.

[Objective] The objective for the new skin is to make the interface more welcoming and comfortable for readers and useful for advanced users. It draws inspiration from previous requests, the Community Wishlist Surveys, and gadgets and scripts. The work helped our code follow the standards and improve all other skins. We reduced PHP code in Wikimedia deployed skins by 75%. The project has also focused on making it easier to support gadgets and use APIs.

[Changes and test results] The skin introduces a series of changes that improve readability and usability. The new skin does not remove any functionality currently available on the Vector skin.

  • The sticky header makes it easier to find tools that editors use often. It decreases scrolling to the top of the page by 16%.
  • The new table of contents makes it easier to navigate to different sections. Readers and editors jumped to different sections of the page 50% more than with the old table of contents. It also looks a bit different on talk pages.
  • The new search bar is easier to find and makes it easier to find the correct search result from the list. This increased the amount of searches started by 30% on the wikis we tested on.
  • The skin does not negatively affect pageviews, edit rates, or account creation. There is evidence of increases in pageviews and account creation across partner communities.

[Try it out] Try out the new skin by going to the appearance tab in your preferences and selecting Vector 2022 from the list of skins.

How can editors change and customize this skin?Rediger

It's possible to configure and personalize our changes. We support volunteers who create new gadgets and user scripts. Check out our repository for a list of currently available customizations, or add your own.

Our planRediger

If no large concerns are raised, we plan on deploying in the week of October 3, 2022. If your community would like to request more time to discuss the changes, hit the button and write to us. We can adjust the calendar.

If you'd like ask our team anything, if you have questions, concerns, or additional thoughts, please ping me here or write on the talk page of the project. We will gladly answer! Also, see our FAQ. Thank you! SGrabarczuk (WMF) (talk) 22. sep. 2022 kl. 06:15 (CEST)

Invitation to attend “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter” SessionsRediger

You can find this message translated into additional languages on Meta-wiki.

Hello all,

During the 2022 Wikimedia Summit, the Movement Charter Drafting Committee (MCDC) presented the first outline of the Movement Charter, giving a glimpse on the direction of its future work, and the Charter itself. The MCDC then integrated the initial feedback collected during the Summit. Before proceeding with writing the Charter for the whole Movement, the MCDC wants to interact with community members and gather feedback on the drafts of the three sections: Preamble, Values & Principles, and Roles & Responsibilities (intentions statement). The Movement Charter drafts will be available on the Meta page here on November 14, 2022. Community wide consultation period on MC will take place from November 20 to December 18, 2022. Learn more about it here.

With the goal of ensuring that people are well informed to fully participate in the conversations and are empowered to contribute their perspective on the Movement Charter, three “Ask Me Anything about Movement Charter" sessions have been scheduled in different time zones. Everyone in the Wikimedia Movement is invited to attend these conversations. The aim is to learn about Movement Charter - its goal, purpose, why it matters, and how it impacts your community. MCDC members will attend these sessions to answer your questions and hear community feedback.

The “Ask Me Anything” sessions accommodate communities from different time zones. Only the presentation of the session is recorded and shared afterwards, no recording of conversations. Below is the list of planned events:

  • Asia/Pacific: November 4, 2022 at 09:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Chinese and Japanese.
  • Europe/MENA/Sub Saharan Africa: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Arabic, French and Russian.
  • North and South America/ Western Europe: November 12, 2022 at 15:00 UTC (your local time). Interpretation is available in Spanish and Portuguese.

On the Meta page you will find more details; Zoom links will be shared 48 hours ahead of the call.

Call for Movement Charter Ambassadors

Individuals or groups from all communities who wish to help include and start conversations in their communities on the Movement Charter are encouraged to become Movement Charter Ambassadors (MC Ambassadors). MC Ambassadors will carry out their own activities and get financial support for enabling conversations in their own languages. Regional facilitators from the Movement Strategy and Governance team are available to support applicants with MC Ambassadors grantmaking. If you are interested please sign up here. Should you have specific questions, please reach out to the MSG team via email: strategy2030@wikimedia.org or on the MS forum.

We thank you for your time and participation.

On behalf of the Movement Charter Drafting Committee,

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 7. nov. 2022 kl. 16:33 (CET)

Apply for Funding through the Movement Strategy Community Engagement Package to Support Your CommunityRediger

Mal:More languages

The Wikimedia Movement Strategy implementation is a collaborative effort for all Wikimedians. Movement Strategy Implementation Grants support projects that take the current state of a Movement Strategy Initiative and push it one step forward. If you are looking for an example or some guide on how to engage your community further on Movement Strategy and the Movement Strategy Implementation Grants specifically, you may find this community engagement package helpful.

The goal of this community engagement package is to support more people to access the funding they might need for the implementation work. By becoming a recipient of this grant, you will be able to support other community members to develop further grant applications that fit with your local contexts to benefit your own communities. With this package, the hope is to break down language barriers and to ensure community members have needed information on Movement Strategy to connect with each other. Movement Strategy is a two-way exchange, we can always learn more from the experiences and knowledge of Wikimedians everywhere. We can train and support our peers by using this package, so more people can make use of this great funding opportunity.

If this information interests you or if you have any further thoughts or questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us as your regional facilitators to discuss further. We will be more than happy to support you. When you are ready, follow the steps on this page to apply. We look forward to receiving your application.

Best regards,
Movement Strategy and Governance Team
Wikimedia Foundation

MNadzikiewicz (WMF) 14. nov. 2022 kl. 17:26 (CET)

Retriever-tilgang og wikistipendRediger

Hei! 20. november skal etter planen tilgangene til Retriever omfordeles. Hvis du er interessert i å få tilgang kan du skrive deg på lista nederst på w:Wikipedia:Biblioteket/Lukkede kilder. Denne kunngjøringa kommer litt seint, men det er ikke noe problem å skrive seg på lista også litt etter 20. november.

20. november er også fristen for å søke om wikistipend fra Wikimedia Norge – vi pleier ikke å få mange søknader, så sjansene er gode til å få et stipend om du har en idé til noe som du trenger litt ekstra penger til å gjennomføre. Det kan stort sett være hva som helst så lenge resultatet gagner Wikimedia-prosjekter på noe vis. Løp og søk! Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (diskusjon) 17. nov. 2022 kl. 14:13 (CET)

Oppdatering: Siden vi var litt seine med kunngjøringa så endrer vi begge fristene til 1. desember. 😊 Jon Harald Søby (WMNO) (diskusjon) 18. nov. 2022 kl. 15:28 (CET)

Opportunities open for the Ombuds commission and the Case Review CommitteeRediger

Hi everyone! The Ombuds commission (OC) and the Case Review Committee (CRC) are looking for members. People are encouraged to nominate themselves or encourage others they feel would contribute to these groups to do so. There is more information below about the opportunity and the skills that are needed.

About the Ombuds commission

The Ombuds commission (OC) works on all Wikimedia projects to investigate complaints about violations of the privacy policy, especially in use of CheckUser and Oversight (also known as Suppression) tools. The Commission mediates between the parties of the investigation and, when violations of the policies are identified, advises the Wikimedia Foundation on best handling. They may also assist the General Counsel, the Chief Executive Officer, or the Board of Trustees of the Foundation in these investigations when legally necessary. For more on the OC's duties and roles, see Ombuds commission on Meta-Wiki.

Volunteers serving in this role should be experienced Wikimedians, active on any project, who have previously used the CheckUser/Oversight tools OR who have the technical ability to understand these tools and the willingness to learn them. They must be able to communicate in English, the common language of the commission. They are expected to be able to engage neutrally in investigating these concerns and to know when to recuse when other roles and relationships may cause conflict. Commissioners will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

About the Case Review Committee

The Case Review Committee (CRC) reviews appeals of eligible Trust & Safety office actions. The CRC is a critical layer of oversight to ensure that Wikimedia Foundation office actions are fair and unbiased. They also make sure the Wikimedia Foundation doesn’t overstep established practices or boundaries. For more about the role, see Case Review Committee on Meta-Wiki.

We are looking for current or former functionaries and experienced volunteers with an interest in joining this group. Applicants must be fluent in English (additional languages are a strong plus) and willing to abide by the terms of the Committee charter. If the work resonates and you qualify, please apply. Committee members will serve two-year terms (note that this is different from past years, when the terms have been for one year).

Applying to join either of these groups

Members are required to sign the Confidentiality agreement for nonpublic information and must be willing to comply with the appropriate Wikimedia Foundation board policies (such as the access to non-public information policy and the Foundation privacy policy). These positions requires a high degree of discretion and trust. Members must also be over 18 years of age.

If you are interested in serving in either capacity listed above, please write in English to the Trust and Safety team at ca wikimedia.org (to apply to the OC) or to the Legal Team at legal wikimedia.org (to apply to the CRC) with information about:

  • Your primary projects
  • Languages you speak/write
  • Any experience you have serving on committees, whether movement or non-movement
  • Your thoughts on what you could bring to the OC or CRC if appointed
  • Any experience you have with the Checkuser or Oversight tools (OC only)
  • Any other information you think is relevant

The deadline for applications is 31 December 2022 in any timezone.

Please feel free to pass this invitation along to any users who you think may be qualified and interested. Thank you!

On behalf of the Committee Support team,